Forums

Which diet/regiment works? (17)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

bogoforme

Female, Age Private, Bayside, NY

Posted

I'm a traditionalist, a good diet, exercise and healthy snacks in between to curb the appetite...my favorite snack next to grapes and apples....Special K with strawberries love this stuff and it has that crunch I crave in a snack.

CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Brooklyn, NY

Posted

Depends on the person's basal metabolic rate and how their body converts carbs into energy.

But I'm a bad boy as I eat a lot of fatty foods that are high in simple and complex carbs. :-(

cindia

Female, 39, Staten Island, NY

Posted

I did well on a low sodium no sugar diet but after 6 months of bland food I stop but I lost 40lbs.

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

SinCity

Male, Age Private, Las Vegas, NV

Posted

Why does food have to be such a pleasure??? I always struggle with the pleasure of eating vs. what is needed to sustain a healthy life. Excercise and sensible eating is what it takes. More so exercise as I am getting older and the metabolism i slowing down. Watch the sugars and fat for me.

But....I LOVE:

Mac and cheese (not out of a box)
Cakes..yum

bogoforme

Posted

Speaking of mac and cheese, the best and quickest is boiling up your favorite shaped pasta with some salt and pepper then add your favorite sliced cheese and voila!

Better and healthier than the ones out of the box =}

Removed

bogoforme

Posted

Ok guys, I just ordered the new Billy Blanks work out DVD's with the weight bar. I was hooked on Tae Bo concept but never tried the workout consistently. So, let you guys know what i think when I finally get the shipment.

CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Lincoln, NE

Posted

For me 2 small meals and 1 large meal per day as well as a regular exercise regime is what worked best.

I tended to eat fruit and cereal for small meals, and have snacks such as yogurt or granola. My large meals were pretty average, nothing in particular was left out. By eating small snacks in between and exercising regularly I kept in pretty decent shape.

Removed

ValerieSoFine

Female, 35, Los Angeles, CA

Posted

Best diet is to eat 5 small meals a day. u eat that every 3 hrs. so u have your main 3 meals and 2 snacks. I tend to snack all day on fruit and trail mix. then as for dinner its completely veg out. but make sure your working out too. if you are planning on losing weight, remember this: 75% is what you eat and 25% is your physical activity. I should know, I lost 60lbs in the past. Plus i cut out alot of sugar and carbs (bad carbs). I also work @ a gym as a persnal trainer and at a spa as a massage therapist :)

Make sure I dont deprive yourself of anything. If you're craving something, like a doughnut or candy bar, go ahead and eat that. You dont want to live on a life being on a diet.

ValerieSoFine

Female, 35, Los Angeles, CA

Posted

Well what kept me motivated was to wear the cute clothes all my friends were wearing at that time. I wanted to wear the short skirts and the backless tops (the kind where u see just a string tied on the back). Well, as goes for my diet I did eat very little when i first started. I did binge and purge, i did the no eating for 3days, i took alot of diet pills. But as far as my workouts, well i would do cardio for 90min and strength train for 30-45min. I did that for about 5days/wk. Then again I started reading up on diets......DIETS ARE THE WORST. So I basically just started eating whatever I wanted and still lose the weight. (Like I said, don't deprive yourself from any food coz then you'll crave it more later.) So yeh, I studied more on how the body works, and it's fun and interesting. Once you do a certain workout, like working your delts, its kinda of fun to see it transform.

LiveLife2fullest

Male, 34, Modesto, CA

Posted

Most sucessful people are too b usy to eat or watch what they eat and they should be skinny since they are too busy to eat, but fat people is just plains lazy to do it or they eat American food. The only fat Asian girl is the one that eat American food; fast foot, fat food. Just keep the traditional eatting habbits and dish. How you thinks Asian people live so long? Any how eat Asian food and drinks tea like your parent did. Stop eatting American food! Asian power! lol.

Chancho

Male, 38, Laguna Hills, CA

Posted

Everybody has good advice, and every ?body? is different, so pick a personal program that works and stick with it. You should always make time to stay healthy and fit.

Here's my 2 cents... It's going to be a bit long so bare with me.. To start off, I served 6 years in the Marine Corps and I'm sharing a little secret on how we stayed lean and fit... and it works! Remember, I am not an expert or dietitian, I'm just giving a little advice that can benefit some people.

1. Eat a balance meal and eat right!
Three meals a day and snack in between. Do not skip breakfast! Remember, that's ?the most important meal of the day.? Cereal or Eggs, english muffins, and some fruit. Eat balanced meals and in MODERATION. Do not over indulge! Balanced meals consist of carbohydrates, protein, and vegetables. For example, Fish/beef/chicken is a good source of protein, Rice/Potatoes/bread/pasta is a good source of carbs and vegetables are a good source of vitamins/fiber. Like I said before, ?eat in MODERATION!!!?. Eat enough so that you've satisfied your taste buds and you don't feel overly full and fat. Stay away from fast food, fried chicken (especially KFC), and oily/buttery foods.

As for snacks, that doesn't mean Doritos, chips, donuts, and candy. When I say ?snacks?, I mean fruit, fruity snacks, granola bars, or trail mix. Eat some cherries, peach, bananas, etc.

You can eat dessert, but not too much! Remember, your body turns the excess sugar into fat when it doesn't use it.

2. Drink Water and stay away from the Soda!
I know people who drink soda for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That's just crazy. All that sugar in soda turns into fat. Remember the documentary ?Super Size Me?, soda was the biggest contributor in weight gain. Diet soda doesn't help either! Don't be one of those people who orders 2 Big Macs, super size fries and a ?diet soda?. WTF?!?!? Like the diet soda is going to make a difference...

Drink water or if you need some taste to quench your thirst, drink Gatorade, Vitamin Water, Propel, etc. There are many different kinds of flavored water with very little sugar.

3. Last but not least, exercise, exercise, & EXERCISE!
When you eat right, you'll have the energy to exercise. Don't be lazy, walk, take the stairs, do something, get active. Put away the video games or turn off your TV and get off the couch. Jogging or running burns a lot of fat, especially if you're looking to loose weight in the mid-zone (aka ?spare tires?). Go bike riding, play basketball, swimming or enjoy a walk in the park. The point is to stay active.

When you work out, equally balance your activity. Men tend to work out only their upper body and women tend to work out only their lower body. You have to work out your whole body! Work out your upper body one day and work out your lower body the next. Before you begin to workout, stretch out for 5-10 minutes. Start off with 20 minutes of cardiovascular activity (i.e. Run, jog, aerobics, bike) to get your heart pumping before you hit the weights. Don't just go straight into lifting weights, you'll just become big and not toned/cut. Be careful with over-the-counter supplements like hydroxycut, fat burners, etc. These are not regulated by the FDA. Just go natural and you'll be fine.

There's a lot more that we can talk about, but there's only so much space and time. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about my method, please send me a note and I'll be glad to help out, for FREE!!!

LiveLife2fullest

Male, 34, Modesto, CA

Posted

Hey, if they say "You are what you Eat". Well i am Asian, i eat mostly asian food which a lot less fat and healthier then American food. If you are Asian and eat White people food. You will have chinky lil eye with a body of white people because you are eatting their food. You asian life style will helpw with y our diet. Meaning no eatting potatoe chips or ice cream infront of TV, all day everyday. No eatting out at fast food or microwave food. So live an Asian Life Style, Eat your soup, eat your rice, drink your tea, start cooking them traditional food you mom used to cooks for you. Go Asian!

spennytee

Male, 37, Rowland Heights, CA

Posted

for me, what worked was to slowly adjust what i ate and drank. i think switching to green tea (unsweetened) and water was probably the biggest change- it eliminates so many calories! a common misconception for people who are trying to get into fitness is that they'll do some cardio and proceed to chug down gatorade/powerade, taking in so many liquid calories. naturally, they're thirsty because they exercised, but these things are more for higher performance activities. in most cases, water should be satisfactory.

i'm not trying to be mean or snobby about it, but gatorade/powerade contains sodium and sugars- things that need to replenished if you're doing something like a fairly intense aerobics session or swimming (where people can easily dehydrate because they are unaware they are sweating because they're in water) or running. like i said, most do not need it.

Shanthi

Female, 41, India

Posted

Work from Home Part-time. Earn Rs.2,000 daily. No Investment.

Wanted: Internet workers. Work from home part time and earn Rs.750-2000/- daily. These are genuine Data entry jobs. Only serious enquiries please. For more details visit http://www.earnparttimejobs.co m/index.php?id= 3121430