Forums

Asian moms always tell you to hangout with more Asians... (13)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Ireland

Posted

Where's your post?

inachu

Male, 50, Germantown, MD

Posted

This used to be as seen as normal back when I was little from the 1970's through the 1980's

Today now I see more asians apart from other asians.

Back then all asian stuck together. Maybe perhaps white and black americans felt alienated when seeing an asian but now seeing asians is a common everyday occurance.

I suggested to one lil asian kid he should stick with other asians and he was like, "You crazy!"

stahrmonroe

Female, Age Private, Mamaroneck, NY

Posted

No. Not true. My folks discouraged me from hanging out w/ anyone.

alanhonlunli

Male, 36, Astoria, NY

Posted

stahrmonroe

Female, Age Private, Mamaroneck, NY

No. Not true. My folks discouraged me from hanging out w/ anyone.

Lol. Poor Stahr.

My mom is fine w/ whatever. Grandma is racist as heck. Even against other Asians! God forbid I bring a Thai girl home.

I'm Chinese-American, btw.

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

Shelita

Female, Age Private, Kansas City, MO

Posted

It is so true that our ancestors or elders as they are called would in most cultures have attitudes about whom we are to be friends with or hang out with. Now imagine this...I'm Cherokee Indian with Choctaw siblings, Blackfeet, Kaw, and Anglo Saxons on my dad's side,Blackfeet. Now you know what the word was for native americans raised on an indian reservation...No mixing of the blood! Well, I believe if you care about another cultural differences will be squashed, otherwise ask yourself when it comes to love, who are you to please? heck it's you who will be sleeping with the one you love, not our ancestors! For realllllllllllllllllllllllllll ! Yeah tell that to my mother's mother!

flirtyx781

Female, 30, Lynn, MA

Posted

It also depend on how old she is and if their traditional. For example: With my mom is 39 and she is koo with all race. Well as long I don't date them. lol She only approve of white and asian. Its your mom ... can't always agree... rebel if its worth it.

swollenredballs

Male, 33, Oklahoma City, OK

Posted

Really? Your mother doesn't like you bring home women from the other cultures or races?

I have never try. I think eventually they will all accept it if I do bring home one.

But will she live to the expectation? Does she have to? No..but still, sometimes it will be nice to brag to people.

Elaine333

Female, 35, National City, CA

Posted

LOL racist mom?

PRUDENCE

Female, 24, Milwaukee, WI

Posted

No, your mom does but not my mom. I believe your mom wants you to hang out with more people with similar cultural identity because she wants you to embrace your ancestral heritage especially as a MINORITY in this country. :)

My HMONG Mother believes I should socialize with different people but I should never forget my ancestral heritage.

pacificallyhana

Female, Age Private, San Antonio, TX

Posted

I do that with my kids. I want my kids to embrace their ancestral heritage other than just at home. It's a multitude of different cultures/heritages that have contributed to the ethnic, "quilt" if you will, of this country. Each thread is different and important and should be treated as so. I for one, am a good example. Every heritage/culture in my dna is me.. and every strand or "thread" is as important as the rest. My ethnicity is mostly "asian" by percentage.

westernmetaphor

Male, 30, Toronto, ON

Posted

For Filipinos it's actually a smart thing to be half another race. We tend to have better physical features after mixing in with other races. Just look at half filipina import models.