Forums

Which Heritages Qualify as Asian Here? (15)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

tambok

Male, 54, Mission Viejo, CA

Posted

I understand that the VNese, Chinese and Japanese backgrounds will qualify for sure jusdging by bany phyiscal attributes ofg the members. Now, how about Uighurs? Kazakhs, Turkmens.

Uzbeks?

Tajiks,

Afghans?

Iranians?

Turks?

Arabs?

Pakistanis?

Russians who have lived in Siberia since 15th century? Russians who are part Mongolian?

Hungarians? Only in Europe for a 1000 years.

Where would "Asian" begin and end?

What would make one Asian and what would not?

Can people from the Turkish side of Cyprus join this group?

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

ivalice

Female, 38, Fresno, CA

Posted

I believe all heritages from the Asian continent is considered "Asian" regardless of their people's physical appearance.

_laurent_

Male, Age Private, Austria

Posted

hi tambok, thanks for opening this thread.

in my opinion, "asian" physically begins and ends where there are asian genes involved. no matter where or when.

similar to the magyar (hungarians), also czech, slovak, polish, estonian, finnish, ukrainian, and other population throughout europe consists to some extend of asian heritage. that's due to the encounters of hun, mongol, avar, cuman, and other asian (turk) tribes over the centuries. there was war, sales, science, arts, religion, succession, or simply attraction.

if you like, i'd invite you to also join this group discussion about asian indications: http://www.asianave.com/groups /group.html?group_id=55601

would be nice to stay in contact

tambok

Male, 54, Mission Viejo, CA

Posted

Interesting, so next time a Finnish man walks down the streets of Bangkok, Tokyo and Beijing, people will not call him a White Ghost, Farang and Hakujin? Hmm.

_laurent_

Male, Age Private, Austria

Posted

@tambok, i think that was a reply to ivalice, right?

well, when it comes to identity, most people tend to make it up on the physical appearance. so you're certainly right that some people will call a foreigner just farang or whatsoever.

but it all comes down to one's ability of imagination and knowledge of at least some historical background. if people just do not know what the words "migration" or "ethnicity" mean, it's really hard to talk with them. they might just stay on their road of stereotypes and generalization.

but why should this bother one of asian "ingredients"? it is what it is, no matter whether other people agree with it. genes don't lie, people do.

MungkornM

Male, Age Private, Merritt Island, FL

Posted

I am half russian half mongolian. Damn proud of it too.

inachu

Male, 50, Germantown, MD

Posted

As for world region then yes I could agree on when you are born IN ASIA.

But as far as USA laws go....

To claim you are of any certain race by law in the USA
you must hold at least 7.5% of that race you are claiming.

So this brings lots a choices to americans and how they see themselves.

ani_raina

Female, Age Private, Bronx, NY

Posted

i'm not gonna lie but when i think asian, i think chinese, japanese, korean, indian, pakistani, vietnamese, taiwanese..but not russian
even though yeah is on the asia continent but we're used to thinking russians are europeans

kawaiibaby

Male, 24, Minneapolis, MN

Posted

Russians are Eurasian and I say Native Americans or first nations are semi asian. Asians discovered America YAY!

NegativeBeef

Male, Age Private, Herndon, VA

Posted

That's extremely bizarre to group all these different ethnicities into 1 group

latintakeout

Male, 47, Beacon, NY

Posted

does it make a difference?

Joe

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

bboyanswer

Male, Age Private, Kansas City, MO

Posted

wtf are asians? i always thought there was only humans.

-asr1

pacificallyhana

Female, Age Private, San Antonio, TX

Posted

Asian to me means at least 1/4 of an Asian race is your heritage or bloodline. Where the line is drawn on who is Asian and who isn't is actually very vague. The more contemporary this world gets the further that line will be drawn because this topic is always raised among us.
But for me, Asia is most of what is considered middle eastern by the average person. And from Pakistan across to Hokkaido and Guam which is a U.S. Territory, down to Indonesia, the Philippines up to the border between China and Russia, Hawaii and the Samoan islands.